Check the Garage Door
This is the most common problem to troubleshoot with garage doors. However, as it’s such a common problem, it’s also relatively simple to troubleshoot. You should:
- Ensure you’re within the proper distance range to use the remote control for the garage door.
- Confirm that the garage door opener is plugged in.
- Confirm that the garage circuit breaker is correctly placed.
- Double-check that your garage door isn’t manually locked.
- And replace the batteries within the remote control.
If you can’t troubleshoot why the garage door opener won’t work, it’s time to call in an expert, like DoorTech!
Check The External Controls
If you have troubleshot the garage door and can’t determine what’s wrong, it might be because the issue is with the external controls. Here are some simple things to test:
- Check the controls to determine if one is faulty.
- If your garage door motor uses an antenna, check for damage.
- Try resetting the remote control and keypad.
- If these items work, but the wall switch does not, it might be a wiring issue.
If you can’t troubleshoot why the external garage door controls won’t work, call Door Tech for help!
Check for Mechanical Failure
You might be experiencing mechanical failure if the door opener is receiving power but not operating correctly. Here are some ways to troubleshoot this:
- If the door won’t open, but the engine makes running sounds, the main gear drive could need replacing.
- If the trolley carriage is moving, but not the garage door, one of the components in the carriage needs replacing.
- If there is no sound or movement, the circuit board probably needs replacing.
Mechanical failure will likely require an expert to fix it – which is why DoorTech is here if you need that helping hand.
Troubleshooting your garage door doesn’t have to be a complex process, even if fixing it might be. Once you have determined what is wrong with the garage door, you can call in the experts to ensure that you have the most time and cost-efficient way to fix your garage door. At DoorTech, we are always happy to help and provide cost-effective advice and solutions to your garage door issues. Get in touch today, and we’ll be glad to help!